Monday, July 13, 2009

Some say I look like a tarsier, but guess what I am like a bird too

After attending four different universities, I got the hang of leaving the familiar and then landing into an entirely foreign branch, as if it were a cycle. I'm not sure though if it's a good thing that I'm getting used to this. Or at least trying to get used to. It's emotionally draining to keep meeting people and eventually letting them go. I'm starting to believe that life brings people together only to break them apart.

Nelly Furtado has put it into song perfectly, "I'm like a bird I only fly away, I don't know where my home is." Spot on. But the thing is, regardless of the pain, I just keep migrating. And right now, the only thing that is keeping me from crashing is the hope that maybe someday, I'll come across every single nest I have built and the memories that were made there would be enough to make me feel at home.

No comments: