Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm A Surfer Dude Now

This is officially the first post for my newly renovated blog. And I feel like a stranger to blogging all over again. I can't even seem to justify the body of this post.

Anyway, speaking of strangers, I'll introduce you to one.

I don't know if you've heard about CouchSurfing, but a friend mentioned about it a few months back.

CouchSurfing is a worldwide network for making connections between travellers and the local communities they visit.


As a Surfer/Traveller, you get to experience being hosted by a local and participate in their daily activities. Not only does it lower your travel costs, but it also allows you to create unforgettable experiences.

So I went ahead and surfed for available couches over the winter break in Korea and sent individual messages to each prospect. Yesterday, I got a reply from one of them. Although the host wasn't able to promise about having me stay in the appartment, the host still offered to meet up for dinner and drinks.

You know what that means.

Hello, stranger!

4 comments:

Adz Garcia said...

Yay to the new look of your blog! Thanks for sharing couchsurfing. I don't have enough guts to do it yet though. haha

Btw, I talked to Tasha about something and if she finds it, she'll send it to me through you. HAHA Kelan alis mo? Para I can follow up kay Tasha and send you money. HAHA KALA MO ANG MAHAL EH. ECHOS LANG YUN. :))

HAVE FUN IN KOREA! :)

Ned said...

sabi na eh, manggagamit ka na naman ng tao! joke haha

pero cool yan ha, although ako hindi ko yata kaya yan. anyway enjoy your trip sa korea, makakarating din ako dyan someday.

hwaiting!

andrew said...

miggy!

i've heard about this many months ago. fun yang couchsurfing, paka-adventurous lang ng spirit. and you get to meet people with similarly itchy feet.

grabe, totoo pala 'yan. may nagre-reply nga talaga. haha

p.s. sana hindi mo malawayan ung couch ng ibang tao kapag nakitulog ka. hahaha. joke!

miss ka na manin, migs. :D

jan said...

nice. travel blog? pwedeeee.

seryoso? may ganon? lolol. shet gusto ko din! super nainggit ako sa inyo ni alpha i might just do that. may 2-week break ako sa march. help me? ;)